- Beach towels are provided for guests.
- Although very beautiful to experience, we don’t recommend swimming at the back of Saffron Cottage due to the water’s unpredictable behavior. Mirissa beach is our suggestion given its gentle nature and regular surf patrols.
- A security safe is provided in the bedroom.
- A baby cot and high chair is available on request.
- Bed linen is changed every 3 days.
- A daily cleaning service can be provided at an extra charges of $30USD.
- We have a friendly gardener who comes daily to water the plants and sweep the garden.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided for your convenience.
- Complimentary hand soap and shampoo is provided. The bathroom also has a hairdryer for guest use.
- All rooms in the cottage are fitted with British 3 pin plugs.
- Gates should be shut and locked at all times. All doors and windows are to be locked when leaving the Cottage.
- A First aid kit is available for guests.
- No parties or events
- Check-in is after 3PM
- Strictly no smoking inside the Cottage
- No pets
- No subletting
- Max number of 4 includes children (infants not included)
Kamburugamuwa is a peaceful village located approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes by car from Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo.
Situated near the Southern tip of Sri Lanka, the crescent shaped tropical beach is the ideal place to relax and unwind. Boasting clear waters that are ideal for snorkeling, Mirissa is well-known for whale and dolphin watching and its spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
The famous Mirissa beach is approximately 3 km from the cottage which is around 7 minutes by Tuk Tuk.
The town of Matara is about 5km in the other direction, also along the Galle Road. It is a larger town with international supermarkets including Arpico and Cargills from which most regular groceries can be purchased.
If you enjoy eating out, there are numerous small restaurants in the area where you can sample an arrangement of local and international cuisines. We recommended the beachfront restaurant at Lantern Hotel, which is a short walk from Saffron Cottage.
A Tuk- Tuk (three wheeler cab) is great for local trips and offers a cheap and easy way to get around.
Buses and trains are regularly available and are an inexpensive, mode of transport. Buses can be hailed from near the front of the cottage and travel along the Galle road regularly. The train schedule from Matera can be found at eservices.railway.gov.lk/schedule. Both forms of transport can be quite crowded although they offer a more authentic Sri Lankan experience and can provide views of the country not always accessible by car.
If you prefer to travel by car, please let us know and we will provide you with contact details for a licensed taxi.
We can also provide information on airport transfers if required.
Directions to Saffron Cottage from Colombo
63, Galle Road, Kamburugamuwa 81750
Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Contact: +94763707422 - Reservations
Take Southern Highway and take Matara exit. Head towards Galle Road and take a right turn towards Galle. Approximately 3km away on Galle road arrive at Kamburugamuwa town. Drive towards the petrol station which is on your right and opposite is Lantern Boutiqe Hotel on your left. 50mts past Lantern is Saffron Cottage with a black gate and a white boundry wall.
- Rate per night USD 130 nett
- Property type: Self Catered Beach Cottage
- Room Type: Entire Place
- Accommodates: A maximum of 4
- Rooms and Beds: 1 Room (Air conditioned) with 1 Queen size bed and 2 Single beds
- Bathroom: En-suite Bathroom